By Associated Press. From Midland Daily News. Originally posted: February 16, 2016. Original Article.


Officials say fumes from a pressure washer likely caused the accidental death of a 17-year-old girl at farm in Michigan’s northern Lower Peninsula.

The Traverse City Record-Eagle reports Heather Barley of Buckley died Dec. 18 of asphyxiation from exhaust fumes at the farm where she worked in Grand Traverse County’s Grant Township.

Sheriff’s Lt. Brian Giddis says a medical examiner determined Barley died of asphyxiation from inhaling “the products of an internal combustion engine, including carbon monoxide.” He says it appears the fumes came from a pressure washer running near where she was found.

Following the findings, WPBN-TV reports the investigation into Barley’s death has been closed.